10 October 2012

Visitation (Originally Published 23 Jan 2009)


Current mood:hopeful

It’s amazing how nine years can seem like yesterday.  My ex, Joe, stopped by as feared/hoped/dreaded/wished.  The years have been good to him, he looks a wee bit older but he still makes my heart skip a beat when I look at him.  There’s a quality to his voice that I love, too, and it was nice to hear it again.  We talked about everything, and nothing.  The said the usual things that two people who were so in love once, long ago, say to each other when they see each other again after many years.  
He has done very well for himself.  I'm happy for him.  He bought a condo in Absecon, he’s successful as the asst. manager of a very upscale restaurant in the area, and he has two cars, a boyfriend and all the trappings of a comfortable life that one could hope for.  I was sorry to hear that his art, a passion of his for so long, has fallen to the wayside.  He’s very good in so many different mediums, I still have a few of his pieces, things I didn’t return when we broke up.  I couldn’t help but feel every emotion in the book the entire time he was there.  It was as if no one else was in the room, my focus was centered on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment