10 October 2012

Plans (Originally Published 27 Feb 2009)


Current mood:smitten


Chuck, the head floral designer, has been doing a bit of spring cleaning at The Art of Flowers (where you should get all your floral needs).  It’s freaking me out.  Every time I go in the back workshop, he’s bent over in half and climbing into one of the shelves that house the vases and whatnot that they use for the arrangements, finding lost treasures. Then he’ll be sitting on the floor, going through one of the many cabinets, sorting through the accessories and the paraphernalia used to help make said arrangements.  This is a daunting task, people.  The workroom is huge.  I, though, benefited by acquiring some of the cast-offs, mainly the broken or nicked candles, which are burning nicely in my bower as I sit here writing this.  It’s not quite dawn, the night skies are only now giving way to the rising sun.  I am up early again, this time at five-thirty in the morning.  I was up at two, three-fifteen, four-ten, four- forty, five-oh-five and I got really tired of tossing and turning (all by myself).  Now I’m up, sitting here with a cup of tea in my hands, candlelight and Lappy light competing with the ever creeping dawn just out my windows, a vitamin B-6 pill dissolving under my tongue and I’m trying to figure out what the hell to do today.
.. ..
I do have to get my ass to unemployment to sign up for partial benefits. It’s always good to suck on the government teat when they are just giving away money (see: bankers, auto makers) and it’s a good way to supplement my income until bloody town starts hiring again!
.. ..
Other than that, Miss Patti is torturing me to bus all over ....Atlantic.. ..County.... with her on errands, not exactly in my top three hundred and fifty-seven thousand things-to-do list.  I’ll probably go with her but I’ll see if I can procure a chariot first.  
.. ..
Insomnia sucks!
.. ..
It’s supposed to be an even better day today, in the sixties with sun shining brightly.  I can’t wait! 
.. ..
Umm…who just said that?  Not gothic, pale, vampiric, night-crawling, sunblock three thousand wearing Mortimer!
.. ..
Time to shower (which I haven’t done in days! EWW!) and get moving (although most of the city is either still sleeping or on their way home).

No comments:

Post a Comment