10 October 2012

Baby It’s Cold Outside (Originally Published 19 Jan 2009)


Current mood:rejected


 
.. ..
Damn cold!  I just got back from the Art of Flowers (where you should get all your floral needs) where I spent the morning catching up with Jack who told all about his trip to ....Florida.....  The highpoint: Leaving Chuck inadvertently at a truck stop and driving for twenty miles before the cops pulled him over to deliver Chuck who was riding along trying to catch-up!  Too funny!  Valentine’s day is coming again and I let Becky know that if she needs extra help, I’m available.  I think I’ve gotten over my total hatred of all things roses.  Believe me, work one Valentine’s season in a flower shop and you’ll hate roses.  HATE THEM!  But I think I could stand another round again.  It’s been a few years.   
.. ..
I did a few things there and then ran home, staying on the sunny side of the street in a vain effort to stay warm in the frigid air.  It was to no avail, the ....Alberta.... clipper has arrived and we are in a deep freeze. Actually, as long as there’s no snow, I could care less.  I did get ice, though.  It seems a water main broke on my corner and I needed ice skates just to get across ....Atlantic Avenue.... on my way to ....Brittany....’s.  It didn’t affect the water in my building, thankfully, but they are still working on it four hours later, tearing up the street which has been completely blocked off since very early this morning.
.. ..
Wednesday night at work was fun.  I never got hugely busy but it stayed steady and I made a bit of coin.  I just might be able to get me mobile turned on today!  Not that I want to.  It’s been so nice not having anyone bother me all week.  My friend John gave me a book to read.  It’s supposed to be about some person with the biblical name of Madonna although it’s not an historical novel, believe it or not.  I heard she’s somebody important in the music world, ya got me by the left one.  I told him I’d read it just to make him happy.  Never heard of the chick, though.  
.. ..
Today I have a double to do from four in the afternoon until four in the morning.  Hopefully the chilly air won’t scare everyone away.  Our afterhours Saturdays are canceled.  Damn.  Our first night last weekend looked promising and I spent the week online promoting it.  Then I get to work Wednesday and I’m told they’re done.  Just like that.  Too bad, I thought it had potential.  
.. ..
Time to get some rest then it’s time for work.  See ya at the Westside Lounge!

No comments:

Post a Comment