10 October 2012

A Most Glorious Day (Originally Published 27 Feb 2009)


Current mood:giddy


 
.. ..
I have been watching movies again.  My good friend lent me ten new DVDs and I have been entranced with three out of the four I viewed over the last two days.
.. ..
First I screened “Nomad (The Warrior)”, which I found to be rather formulaic.  And miscast.  The Mexican lead trying to pass as a descendant of Genghis Khan is all you need to know.  He was cute, though.  
.. ..
Second up was “Zodiac”.  An excellent movie from beginning to end and rather graphic.  
.. ..
For the third film, I chose to watch “Sleepy Hollow” (since it was well after midnight) which I had always wanted to see.  It’s a cute retelling of the legend and I enjoyed Tim Burton’s take on the classic tale.  The cast is a who’s who of British actors most of which are in Harry Potter.  
.. ..
When I woke up after a few hours rest (insomnia, release me from your cruel clutches) I decided to keep the gothic theme going and watched the amazing “Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”. Absolutely amazing!  I really had reservations about the cast (non-singers in a decidedly demanding musical) but I was happily entertained.  It was gloomy and dark, just the way I like it!
.. ..
I had company for breakfast at Brittany’s Café, that is, once I got myself together.  I did a quick workout, and threw on a black T-shirt, faded black jeans and my suede thrift shop blazer and then ran down to meet him.  We sat in my favourite spot and ordered and ate, it was nice to see a friendly face across the table so early in the morning.  I didn’t have to bury my nose in the newspaper and I didn’t care a whit for the gossip around me.  
.. ..
The day was turning out quite nicely and we took a drive to Gardener’s Basin and walked around for a bit.  He then drove me back to The Art of Flowers (where you should get all your floral needs) where he left me to my devices.  I stalked everyone on Facebook and MySpace for a while and I chatted with Chuck and Jack.  I decided that I couldn’t waste such a nice day and I burst out of the shop and began aimlessly wandering through the city.  Before I knew it I was nearly back at Gardener’s Basin (it’s at the western tip of Absecon Island) and I trekked back through the various spots I am normally known to visit, making the rounds through the city proper.  I ended up on the boards and bee-lined my way home, basking in the fifty-four degree temperature.  It was lovely.  
I picked up a Greek salad for dinner and by five o’clock, I was home and in front of the telly, watching the extras included on the “Sweeny Todd” DVD.  
.. ..
My mobile rang off the hook once I got home, my friends are still on the late shifts and I seem to be keeping right proper farmer’s hours!  They wanted me to meet them for dinner/drinks/whatever and I begged off.  
.. ..
Now I am going to try to get some sleep.  Tomorrow’s goal: Unemployment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment