10 October 2012

Sorry, Been A Bit Busy (Originally Published 19 Feb 2009)


Winter is not over but dear Orion is slowly leaving my nighttime sky.  He is there early, right after sunset and marches quickly through the heavens to hide himself from me.  I fear he is jealous of the fact that I have given my heart, once again, to another.  Venus has kept her vigil in the west, lighting the way as bright as La Luna, set aflame by the rekindled spark that has consumed my heart of late.  I am in the throes of love and I cannot help myself to show it.  Everywhere I go, people remark at the change in me, how my countenance has brightened, my inner glow burning through my skin, the rhapsodic tone of my voice, the happiness I can no longer conceal.  I am a priest of Aphrodite, a target of Cupid’s sweet dart, a plaything of Eros and Amore.  I sleep in the warm embrace of infatuation and wake to the tender caress of adoration, the enchantment of which I unabashedly bathe in daily.  Love is truly a many splendored thing!


.. ..
Gods, I have been reading FAR too many Tudor era novels!
.. ..
Although it’s cold and rainy outside, I am looking through rose-coloured glasses and things couldn’t be better.  Oh, things are very bad, actually.  I am not going to list them here, for all to see but as it stands, right now, I am blissfully turning a blind eye to my predicament and keeping a decidedly sickening (I must admit) Pollyanna outlook.  A “pessimism free zone”, so to speak!
.. ..
I need to be smacked back into reality!
.. ..
Yes, hot cats and cool chicks, things are, in reality, rather bleak.  My prospects are not good.  I have been simply everywhere and can’t find anything worthwhile during this hateful time of year.  February in ....Atlantic City.... is the worst time for something like this to happen.  But I have hope that my penance will be brief and I will be allowed back into the bosom of my former vocation.  
.. ..
Lesson learnt!  A harsh lesson, indeed.  
.. ..
Miss Patti has offered to take me out to my favourite watering hole, Los Amigos, tonight when she’s finished her shift.  I am looking forward to spending time with her.  We did recently have lunch together, I took her to Applebee’s for her birthday but I haven’t seen her recently as much as I’d like.  Hopefully tonight we’ll get a little drunk, a lot stuffed and gossip about everything.    
.. ..
I talked to my mother the other day.  Once again, the psychic connection was working and, after thinking about her for a few days, she rang me up and wanted to know what’s been going on.  Gotta love that motherly intuition!  My step-grandmother has been under the weather so I lit a candle for her at my shrine to all the higher powers.  
.. ..
I was at The Art of Flowers (where you should get all your floral needs) during the Valentine’s/President’s Day holiday and let me tell you, you’d never know there’s a recession going on!  They had a great weekend and the city was jammed packed to the gills!  So much so, I was annoyed as I made my way around my little island.  The shoobies were EVERYWHERE!  There was a line, a literal LINE, outside the Coachstore at The Walk outlets.  The womens love the Coach!  Unbelievable! 
.. ..
I think I’ll finish reading my book, Elizabeth the Great by Elizabeth Jenkins (which I just found out is a first printing, I wonder if it’s worth something?) and bask for a bit in the torchlight I lit for a certain someone who has my heart… 

No comments:

Post a Comment