08 February 2011

First Posted 9 February 2008

Not Entirely As Expected

Current mood:depressed

The day, that is. Although I wandered the city in nothing more than a light -denim jacket and had on a T-shirt underneath, it wasn't as warm as we were led to believe, at least not here on the island. And wander, I did, beginning before the sunrise and still going strong throughout the day. Yes, hot cats and cool chicks, Mortimer the intrepid took it upon himself to haunt the city of not-his-birth several times today. By nine-thirty, I was back home after walking my usual route, first stopping by the United States Post Office to mail a package that was long overdue in sending. I only had to send it a few blocks from the penthouse but I wanted to surprise the recipient, we all like to get mail, especially packages.

I spent some time at the flower shop chatting with Chuck about his trip to ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Florida that he took with his other half, Jack. It seems they were both in agreement about the trip. I'll leave it at that.

I updated the Café and once again, I screwed up the floppy disc that I use to transfer my entries. I was checking it on my desktop at home and I changed something in the previous entry and when I put it in the flower shop's computer, it couldn't read the damn disc. Wonderful! When I got home later, I fixed the problem and returned to the shop and…well…fixed the problem and updated my journal…again. I then took it upon myself to wander, once again, through the city because I HAD NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY TIME! Egads! I hate insomnia! Actually, I had made a music CD of Motown remixes for Lance to play at Evo, it's a nice reworking of classic Motown songs and I thought it would be nice for the dinner crowd at the restaurant. I also wanted to see Lance again. I gave him the pamphlets for the gym detailing their monthly classes and the different memberships, he had mentioned wanting to do an aerobics class. I don't do aerobics. I did one, once. I am not joking when I say that the next day, I couldn't even get on an escalator. My hand on my shoe pantry, I have never wanted to die so sincerely in my entire life. Seriously. It was the most pain I have ever known and this pain was throughout my entire body.

I finally got home, again, and decided that I needed a nap. I have to work this evening and I need to rest, I guess. I ate a meatloaf sandwich with lettuce, mayonnaise and pickles on wheat bread (Y-U-M-!) and got comfortable, climbing into bed and nodding off. That was twenty bloody minutes ago! Arrgh! This is maddening!

Time to get ready to hit the gym and then…who knows?


..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />


I'm back from the gym and guess what?

I am about to fall right asleep as I type!

Of course.

I think a shower is in order (that should help wake me back up) and then, I am off to work, where it will be horrendously slow since there are storms coming, the same ones that tore up the Midwest on Super Tuesday.

I stopped by my father's and stepmother's after the gym to pick up my last W-2 form. Before work tomorrow, I'll try to get my taxes done so I can get back online and terrorize J-land like there's no tomorrow.

Live in fear, people. Live in fear.

(Several days have passed since the above was written. What happened later is only in the AOL Café.)

No comments:

Post a Comment