08 February 2011

First Posted 6 February 2008

A Few Days Wasted

Current mood:betrayed

Spent the evening resting/sleeping since I didn't have to open the Café last night. I have been fighting a little cold, I believe it's the same cold from last week, it just won't go away. I spent most of the day in bed because I have nothing to do and no one to do it with. And I'm also a little depressed. I'll survive. I am actually thinking about getting another job. I want something to accentuate this one, just a day or two somewhere else. I just need to have a more regular schedule at the Westside and I'll be able to figure out my availability. Or, I'll just make my own availability!

..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I had stopped writing and went back to sleep after that passage above. Then I got up, padded into the kitchen and found that my psycho-mate decided to give me a bit of food. Well, more than a bit. There was a huge aluminum foiled thing in there and when I went to lift it, it was heavy as all get out. I opened it and found that it was a gigantic meatloaf! That was quite a surprise! There were also containers of smashed potatoes, vegetable medleys and a few other items. I haven't a clue where they came from and I am not complaining that they were left for me. I just feel that somehow, I will be paying for this "free meal" in one way or another. So I did what any self-respecting grubber would do, I made myself a plate, snuck back into my crypt and ate like a fiend! Meredith and I text messaged back and forth for a bit about going to the gym, first at eleven-thirty, which was decided on before I fell back asleep, and then it was changed to nine-thirty before I woke, which I found out when I checked my messages. I got up, shook off the last vestiges of sleep, and got my ass in gear, since I read the message only an hour before the time had changed. I did not really want to go but I bucked up and waited for her to come and collect me.

The gym was empty and I did what I do when I am there, nothing special nor too extreme. After spending the last two days in bed, I had to ease myself back into the "Kong" mode.

I got home after working out and here I am, rereading this dreck and wondering why anyone would think my life is so bloody fabulous!

My dreams have been interesting but like I said in a recent past entry, I don't want to/won't relate them here. I think it's my mind, trying to sort things out.

Not gonna happen.

I am still watching "The Lord of the Rings" extended versions. I am watching them backwards, it's odd, I watch the extras first and then I watch the movies. I think I am watching them because my copy of the book is gone, I had lent it to a friend of mine who's now in ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Florida. I read that book at least once a year; I know most of it by heart. And yet, I still find things in there that are fascinating. I guess because different parts of it relate to different things that are going on in my life at the time, it never changes, it's a book but, I change and I bring my experiences to it with each reading. Since I don't have the book in my possession right now, I watch the movie.

It's not really the same. But the movie is wonderful, an incredible adaptation of what I thought was an un-adaptable book. I remember as a kid really identifying with Frodo, his struggle and the pain of his process in destroying the Ring of Power. Now I have other characters that I identify with that resonate more with me, Boromir, Aragorn, even Gandalf. Of course, I am still totally in love with Galadriel. The fact that Cate Blanchett played her in the movie made her even more fabulous!

Okay, enough rambling. I am going to sleep, again, after watching "Signs". I hate this movie, it scares the living fuck out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment