08 February 2011

First Posted 15 January 2008

The Week That Was

Current mood:awake


My room smells like a teenage boy's room. I haven't had a chance to do laundry nor any general cleaning nor changing my sheets so, the smells have conjoined and multiplied and I am living in a funk. With the hint of sandalwood.

I have been working a lot again, with more to come. I did a double on Saturday and coming up this week, I have two extra shifts then next week I'll have about seven plus shifts to cover since there will only be three bartenders working. We had a staff meltdown, three were fired, two are seriously sick and one is going to Florida for a week's vacation. Great! I have no idea what the hell I am going to do.

I wish I could say the money has been great but, I can't. It's been decent but not "now I can buy that farm I've been looking at" money.

I just got back from the gym, Meredith and I went and I worked out my shoulders, back and legs. I rarely work out my legs because they get a workout normally just through my five-mile walks and living in a third floor walk-up. I have a feeling that I won't be able to walk tomorrow! I'll need to find my Tylenol (or something stronger, gods I wish the Studio were still open).

I wanted to do laundry when I got back from the gym but my psycho-mate came home before me tonight and decided to tie up the machines. Again. I swear I need to figure out how to get rid of him. I am now paying way more rent than I should be because of his idiocy and I feel like I don't even live here anymore, it's like I just rent my room. It sucks! Maybe I can spike his pot. Hmm…

I may decide to take a vacation to Florida with my friend Shannon. She and I used to work together, she's the one I am always making out with when she would come to the bar. We're thinking we should go soon. I know after these two weeks, I'll need to get away. Actually, after the year I had last year, I REALLY need to get away!

I think I'll go back to bed and write a little more tomorrow, my thoughts are scattered and I need to enter dreamland to sort things out. See you on the other side…

Morning is here and so am I and I am not as sore as I thought I'd be. I am making some Starbucks coffee. I got a "Starbucks Gift Tower" for Christmas and I finally broke into that bad boy, it had two Frappuchinos, shortbread cookies, coffee, and a mug. I am not a huge fan of Starbucks coffee but I do love their vanilla bean Frappuchinos. I can't let a gift go to waste, of course, and I will enjoy this lovely cup 'o Joe in honour of the persons who gave it to me. It's the right thing to do!

I have no real plans today, except to go to the gym (arms and chest) and then work at the club at ten tonight. Our regional global warming is over, I believe, and we're back to the big chill. The high is only going to be forty degrees Fahrenheit today, it was in the seventies last week, so I don't think I'll be spending too much time out and about on my island of love. I may have to go to my addiction-enabling centre to pick up some pretzels. You have no idea how much I love their pretzels! Of course, if you are reading this, that means I stopped by The Art of Flowers (where I buy all my floral arrangements, and so should you) and chatted with Becky and updated the Café. Speaking of the Café, does anyone know if you can go back to being a public journal without having to lose all the comments? I want to go public again. I don't really know why. Speaking of the Internet, the AOL Overlords are eating my emails. I went from well over three hundred to two hundred and eighty. I haven't deleted any. Hmm…

Interesting fact: Scientists found a white dwarf star that has crystallized all of it's carbon and has become the universe's most gigantic diamond. It has a billion trillion trillion carats.

I hear Liz Taylor is interested in having it bought for her!

Time to finish up watching "The View" and then get my act together and get out there, into the big wide world, to see what I can see…

No comments:

Post a Comment