08 February 2011

First Posted 20 February 2008

Lazy Days And Tuesdays

Current mood:depressed

I haven't done one thing that I planned today, and I can't blame it on the weather. It's sheer laziness. I didn't take my usual walk, I didn't go to the gym, I didn't go to work to rearrange the beer coolers, I didn't go to the flower shop and update the Café, I did nothing! Okay, I slept, that seems to be the only thing I can accomplish with any success. And I am now doing laundry, only because Miss Patti needs a bolt of cloth cleaned to make me an outfit and neither was on my list of things-to-do.

I didn't drink last night at work so I don't know why I am so bloody lazy.

Oh, speaking of last night, what a whimpering end to a fabulous holiday weekend. Starting Thursday with Karaoke and going through Sunday with our new Latin Night, we had four incredible days in a row! Last night, our second foray into "Industry Night", which is supposed to be a party for the workers of Atlantic City and the surrounding communities but, when you don't have any sort of drink specials or any other reason to bring people out, why come?

..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

They didn't.

I spent most of the evening answering the question, "Where is everybody?" and the follow-up similar question "Why is it so slow?". I just made the ten or twelve drinks for the entire night, took my shift pay and got a ride home from my manager when we shut. There was one surprise, my friend Mark, of Mark and Carmen (a famous local couple), was in St. Maarten, ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Virgin Islands and came across something that he just had to buy me and it's FABULOUS! What is it, you may ask?

It's a coffin shaped backpack! I love it! Miss Patti has already laid claim to it so, she's not allowed to enter the Penthouse for a while, at least until I can mark it as my territory (which means wear it a lot, not pee on it! Get your minds out of the gutter!).

Fast fact: The sun in our solar system puts out the same amount of energy in one second that all of human civilization has put out since we began.

I did make it to the gym last night with Meredith although she wasn't really into it. Going once this week should be enough, right?

I just ate ravioli, freedom fries (remember that?), a long roll of bread and a salad. I feel huge right now and I think I'll just lay back and continue to watch The Universe on The History Channel.

I fell asleep watching all about The Universe and it's now Wednesday, hump day for most people, Monday for me. So far today, I have accomplished more than I did all day yesterday and I haven't been up a full hour yet. I have done a load of laundry, changed my bed sheets, put away my drag bag of clothes/props/shoes/jewelry, did dishes and wrote a thank you letter to Mark for the coffin backpack.

Phew, I need a nap!

I am on my way out in a bit to take my stroll and maybe hit the gym this morning. I need to go. I'll probably do a double shot today, work on some body parts this morning and then other body parts later before work. Time to get my ass in gear and get the hell out of the Penthouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment