18 January 2006

Sleep Is A Fleeting Thing

Miss Patti and I just got back from the gym. Another successful workout! Although, here I am, looking in the mirror, lifting dumbbells, thinking I look good when some big, shredded dude comes in and starts pumping a million pounds right next to me. Suddenly, I feel a bit...inadequate. I guess it's like penis envy but, with muscles. Oh well. I don't want to be that big, anyway. I am pretty low maintenance and it's a shock that I actually have kept at this level for as long as I have. I have incorporated ab crunches and leg lifts and I added a few new machines/weights to my usual routine. I like the results and it helps keep the workouts fresh.
You know what, I am getting bigger. I am over 180lbs now. That's great. And I look skinnier than I did when I was 165lbs.

I have my friend's funeral tomorrow so, I will have to try to sleep but, I am on an endorphin rush. Plus, the fact that the funeral is in the morning is going to play on my mind and I probably won't get much sleep tonight. I will have to take a nap tomorrow, since I have to work at the club. Wow, how neat, I get to work!

I didn't really do much today. Just a bit of cleaning in my bedroom and some laundry and I cooked dinner for La Chunk and I and was on the phone all day with some people getting the gossip. Plus, I finally switched out my seasonal clothes. Little Jose is getting another bag of hand-me-downs. If I am in the mood to be generous to the little putz!

Off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the funeral went as well as it could, considering. (I don't do funerals).

    seems like just an okay day you had, KWIM??

    betty

    ReplyDelete