25 December 2005

Miss America Shuns Pageant!

Guess who I ran into at the Hamilton Mall?

Miss America 1998 Kate Shindle! She looked fabulous! Gods, I love her. She was in The Stepford Wives recently. I asked her if she was going to Las Vegas for the pageant in January, and she answered with a resounding "NO!". I love it. She said she'll pop into the club to see me. I hope so, she loves my chocolate martinis. Then again, who doesn't!

The New York Times had an article recently (See:
Miss America as She Used to Be) talking about the changes in the upcoming pageant. Now, if you read the article, you will see that it says EVERYTHING I have been saying year after year. PUT THE PAGEANT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS! Big hair, fabulous gowns, bad talent, the whole shebang. Stop the Fashion Bug/Walmart fashion segment, stop the jeopardy questions, we know the girls are smart, most of them are one year away from being doctors or lawyers and we know the girls are dumb, HULLO! It's a beauty pageant, we ain't thinking about their brains when we look at them in a swimsuit. Well, it's exactly what they are doing.
They just ain't doin' it in Atlantic City anymore.

Whatever (see:
Fallout).

It was good to see Kate and meet her brother.
Did I say she looked gorgeous?!

1 comment: