25 December 2005

Christmas Rain

It's raining here on the island. It's a balmy fifty-four degrees (f). Go figure, last month it was snowing and now, it's like a rainy, chilly fall day. Just got back from my Father's and step-mother's home and Christmas dinner. This year, my Father has been watching the food network so he cooked stuffed eggplant. Very tasty! We usually do some sort of Italian feast on Christmas since Thanksgiving is so close and we are all too sick of eating turkey or ham. Everything was wonderful. My sister and her boyfriend were in attendance, which was nice, I never get to see her with her working as a teacher in Philadelphia and I doing my thing on the weekends in Atlantic City. We have compleately opposite schedules so when I get to see her, it's extra special. My Father didn't harangue me for a change. I guess the fact that I have been over his abode three times in the last two months is working it's magic. I know I was remiss in not visiting but, life has a habit of getting in the way. I do resolve to visit him more often.
Now I am going to pass out on the couch and nap before I have to work tonight (which I still haven't a clue if I really have to work).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mort - I'm a little late (sorry!) but I just stopped by to wish you a Happy Holiday! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, she never comes by the strip club to see her former students?

    he he

    Glad you had a great day!

    Chris
    My Blog
    My BigOven Page for food & recipes

    ReplyDelete