05 January 2007

God Bless America (R)

I sat watching the news yesterday and marveled at our country. The shifting of power, from one party to the next went so smoothly, so effortlessly. Our founders were truly touched by the hand of God.

I marveled at the swearing in of the first female Speaker of the House, third in line to the Presidency. What a glorious day in our country, what a glorious day for all the little girls and young women, to see the marble ceiling broken, and to know the sky's the limit! I hope to see a female President in my lifetime. I think I just might get that chance.

I marveled at the swearing in of two Bhuddists and a Muslim as members of congress. We are truly a nation that lives by the Constitutional freedom to practice whatever religion we choose. And that our private beliefs do not hinder us from our goals and ambitions.

I marveled at our democratic process and felt so proud that in November, I too was part of that process. That I, as an American, cast my vote and my voice was heard.


I am proud to be an American.

I am proud of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment