25 February 2022

A Facebook Emotional Landmine

My Facebook post from one year ago, wasn't ready to ugly cry this morning: I wanted to thank all of you for your kind words and support. Losing my little buddy has been really hard and I don't think I could have handled it without the messages, comments, cards, and yes, the booze, that came pouring in. I am blessed with the most beautiful gift any human could have, friendship. And I love all of you so deeply.
My little guy was something special. Only a handful of you actually met him in person but, as my sister said, 'he was one of the most amazing cats ever'!
I want to give you one more Marmalade story, just because:
I was up early this morning and had breakfast and was thinking about going to the gym. But I was still a little hungover from the event last night. I decided to curl up in bed again, my empty bed, and I dozed off right away.
I started dreaming. I was on the bed, it was bright and sunny, the light was streaming in the windows to my bedroom and I was feeling the warmth in the room. Marmalade was next to me and I was talking to him and petting him, his fur was so soft and he was purring, looking at me like he always did when we snuggled. His eyes half shut the way they did when he was really content. But then I said, Wait... you died. You can't be here.
And with that, he disappeared.
Although it was only a dream, it was nice to be able to spend one more moment with him. To feel his fur, his warmth, his purring.
If any cat was going to haunt my dreams, it was going to be Marmalade!
Thank you all again for compassion and your love. It helps more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment